August 7, 2014

Thoughts about the Center online!
The Pokemoncenter.com is now officially open! While it suffered from some bugs when it first launched, the website is now running smoothly. I've compiled a list of what I consider positives and negatives of the website below.

The Negative
  • Bugs. They have plagued the site even before the launch. Broken links, out of place HTML, pages that show products that weren't for sale or were sold out, etc.
  • Sloppyness. Pages that were suppose to remain hidden were easily accessible, obvious copy and pasting from other websites (This page has rules from Amazon), and stealing a banner image from a collector on Google Images (which was later replaced).
  • Limited stock. Of course they will be adding more over time, but for now the stock is rather lackluster.

Positive and Negative
  • Shipping. Why is this under good and bad? On one hand it costs $5.98 + tax to ship one charm (or as they call it "mini") that weighs under an ounce. On the flip side, it costs the exact same to ship a 1:1/Trainer Size Froakie plush that weighs over 1 pound. So depending on what you buy, this is either a good or bad thing.

The Positive
  • The original artwork and exclusive store products. That artwork is fantastic! I'm also a huge fan of the exclusive products. I knew from the second I saw that binder that I'd be buying it. I'm a big fan of the pin as well.
  • Clothing. While I find the crew neck shirt designs rather generic, I am very excited about the upcoming Mewtwo jacket and potentially other original clothing designs as well. The women's Pikachu clothing line is also looking very promising.
  • Drinkware. Importing drinkware from Japan is usually a pricey affair. Not having to pay high shipping and then potentially getting a broken mug is a very nice thing.
  • This store exists. The fact that this store was brought back again is amazing in and of itself.

Overall, I can't say that I was super impressed with the launch, but this is a step in the right direction. When new items are added to the store I will make a post here. Hope everyone is enjoying the launch!